NHL’s 2010 Off-Season with Google Maps and Insight

September 1st, 2010 by Burgundy Leave a reply »

Alright web-savvy readers, I have a question for you. I’m certain the majority of you have heard of Google Maps and Google Insight. But have you heard of Google’s new web tool, “Google Maps with Insight?”

It’s not yet available to the general public but somehow I got an advanced peek the other day. Since I have no life, the first thing I did was Google the NHL’s 2010 off-season.

First impressions? This thing is pretty in depth. The insight was pretty sharp and I found the geo-placements of various NHL personalities bang on too! I managed to take a screenshot of this new tool for you all to see. Check it out:

Stayclassy.net's funny Google Maps image of the NHL's 2010 Off-Season

Pro tip: You may want to click on the image for a larger view! Click here for hi-res, downloadable version of this image.

Stay classy, NHL 2010 off-season.

1. Matt Reitz says:

My favorite parts of the entire thing: the tags that say “I swear this is real” and “Detroit Red Wings are fucking old.”

Great stuff… but are you already thinking Gonchar’s contract will make him sleep with the fishes? Man, tough crowd up there in Ottawa!

2. SensDew19 says:

Isnt Gonchar supposed to “wake up” Kovalev or is Kovalev’s laziness so strong it’ll rub on poor ol’ Gonch

Nice touch on the Seguin being lost haha

3. Wes Mantooth says:

“burgundy_not@nhlpa.com” LMFAO!!!! Great self-burn.

4. G: Various points in Alberta where the cops hang out, so Khabibulin knows to avoid them when the season starts.

…Too soon?

@ Simon – Absolutely not. Good one!

@ SensDew19, Matt – I don’t mind the Gonchar deal for two of the three years. It’s the last year that kills me. Still hate the Kovalev signing. Never liked that one. Even during that game against the Flyers where he scored 70% of his season’s goals.

6. Not sure why this reminds me of Santa Claus’ Gmail account but it’s equally hilarious.

“No NHL franchises allowed beyond this line”. LOL.

7. SensDew19 says:

I hear ya Burgundy I’ll forever hate that koastalev signing but I made a promise to go a bit easier on him… I’ll give him three games of he doesn’t do something spectacular I’ll go back to my ranting ways :p

8. jared says:

Nice Red Wings burn.. also liked the tags at the bottom too..