Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors made headlines on Friday for using Twitter as a means to help figure out his basketball future. As stupid as it sounds, it made me wonder what some of our favorite NHL players would do if they employed Bosh-like attention seeking social media practices.
I have it on pretty good authority that the following bullet points are pretty accurate. But I’ve been wrong before. Anywhooo… If NHL players used social media:
- Locating Alex Semin in the post-season wouldn’t feel as much like “Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?”
- Kyle Wellwood’s YouTube channel would require hourly updates to answer the question “What is Kyle eating now?” And before I forget, #KyleWellwoodIsSoFat.
- Henrik Zetterberg would tell you via direct message that his doppleganger — Jared Leto — doesn’t have a Stanley Cup ring. Pro Tip: I will fight anyone who says these two don’t look alike.
- Using a variety of different methods, players of the Chicago Blackhawks could remind Stan Bowman to send their RFA offers on time this summer.
- David Booth might tweet about the “dangers of concushions” every now and then, but a few words of wisdom: he doesn’t respond well to negative feedback!
- Miroslav Satan could participate in social media for 1 or 2 months per season, like he does in his NHL career.
- Matt Cooke would likely use the ‘elbow’ feature on Facebook far more than the popular ‘poke’ feature.
- Henrik and Daniel Sedin might make a video to help everyone figure out which twin is which and how the hell to tell them apart… only 9 years into their NHL careers.
- Tim Thomas could use Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and any other outlet to remind the hockey world he’s still alive (and won last year’s Vezina trophy!).
- Ryan Kesler probably wouldn’t hesitate to use the “hate” button on any Canadian’s Facebook Page.
- Carey Price could blog live from the players bench 5 1/2 out of every 7 Montreal Canadiens games.
Stay classy, NHL players using social media.
If you liked this post, you might like some of these:
- Tips From You Boss After Getting Laid Off
- Ron Wilson’s Decision Making Matrix
- Guide To Avoiding Future Stephane Auger Incidents
- Hockey Jersey Code and Faux Pas Tips