It’s an exciting time of year in the sports world with the return of Baseball and hockey games that finally matter! I kid, I kid. With the Stanley Cup playoffs set to get begin on Wednesday night, analysts, bloggers and anyone else are already making 1st round predictions. At Stayclassy.net, we’re no different… except I won’t shove predictions down your throats like others. (If you are really interested in my predictions, I’ll have some on Wednesday).
In saying that, predicting series winners is one thing – anyone can do that. But predicting unpredictable events is quite another. Here’s a few unpredictable playoff outcomes you’d be wise to bet on:
- 2010 finally being the year the Ottawa Senators come up with a lame cool playoff slogan.
- The majority of people tweeting #ThrowTheSnake don’t actually know what the hell it means.
- City mayors will make playful bets with each other featuring a local town offering. No word if any city is interested in Tim Thomas and the remaining 3 years of his contract yet.
- Jarome Iginla might succeed at convincing people he wants to continue playing for the Sutter brothers in Calgary.
- The 50/50 odds of Marc-Andre Fleury making a massive blunder in a critical 2010 playoff moment might be modest considering the Stanley Cup winning save made in the dying seconds of last year’s game 7 final.
- The notion of “It’s Carey’s fault” t-shirts being a top seller in Montreal is as sure-fire as the idea of an upside down car outside of the Bell Center being… well… on fire.
- Many hardcore Senators fans will try to pick Anton Volchenkov as their hockey pool goaltender instead of Brian Elliott or Pascal Leclaire.
- Because of strong performances by Edmonton and Calgary in the “race for Taylor Hall”, Alberta won’t have to worry about the Province collectively holding their pee from April to June.
- Fans of the Vancouver Canucks will continue to inundate everyone with reasons why Henrik Sedin should be the NHL’s MVP. They’ll start by reminding you inconsistent playoff performances aren’t supposed to matter for a regular season voted trophy.
- Lee Stempniak missing the first Phoenix Coyotes playoff game thinking “post-season” was a euphemism for “going golfing”.
Stay classy, NHL playoffs.